- People are impressed with "Bullshit."
- People are impressed if you say you've been in the "industry."
- Many marketing job postings don't require technical skills. Or an engineering background.
- If you say your main weakness is quantitative skills, it's AOK!
- If you smile during an interview, that's a good thing.
- If you wear a gray suit in summertime, that's also a good thing.
- When you go in for an interview or a meeting, the receptionist is usually good looking.
- People see through the "Bullshit" faster.
- Most marketing jobs require a technical background. Engineers are loved.
- During interviews, they grill you on quantitative skills. Sometimes they ask you to describe Excel formulas over the phone.
- If you wear a gray suit in the summertime, you will most definitely be stared down.
- People have very international accents that I cannot place.
- There is no guarantee that the receptionist will be attractive. Or not have a crazy eye.
Ok, you're probably reading this and thinking that I'm vapid and shallow, but no - I'm just kinda wishing I had a more developed skill set so that I can find a job faster, because people up here are really serious!
I think that this video kinda sums it up...and if it doesn't, you should still watch it because it's hilarious!