Friday, August 14, 2009

House Smouse

So it's been 11 months since I've been unemployed! I've decided that I should be a little more productive and get my real estate license. My husband and I are planning on buying a house next year, and maybe this way I can save some money on agent commissions!

So my mom, who has been an agent for 20 years, suggested I go to her friend. Fine. I called her friend up, talked to him on the phone for 20 min and was like OK, that's cool and showed up at his class. His class was in CHINESE! What?? He spoke perfect English to me on the phone and didn't even ASK me if I spoke Chinese and definitely did not mention that the 6 week class was in Chinese! Anyway, I understood "Hello, class" "There's a bathroom break at 8pm" "Even if you don't speak English, you can still pass the test" and that's just about it!! Needless to say, I never went back....

Anyway, that was a few months ago, and this week I finally went online to do the classes and get my license online: http://www.californialicense.com/

I think I waited this long because I'm kind of scared that I won't pass the test!! After what that guy at the class said? "Even if you don't speak English...??" I mean, what if I don't pass?!?! Thankfully I got all my class materials at a site that says 100% money back guarantee....so this way, if I don't pass, I'll just be embarrassed but at least I'll still get my $200 bucks back...

No comments: