Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Oops, I Forgot I started a Blog

HA! It's August of 2009 and I forgot that I had started a blog to describe my job search and what my days are like since I'm unemployed!

I guess to make a long story short, at the beginning of February, my husband got a job offer in San Jose and we decided that we would move to the Bay Area in June of this year. So basically from Feb to the end of June, my job hunt was put on hold cuz I didn't want to actually get a job offer and move up here without my husband! LOL. Man, was I optimistic about finding a job!

Anyway, I spent Feb to Jun hanging out with my family and friends and basically taking time off. It wasn't really the time off that I had always imagined though. In my working days, I always thought that one day, I would save up some money and take a year off work to be a travel writer or whatever, just travel to exotic places and eat and relax....Um, let's just say things are different when you 1. Forgot to save 2. Got laid off right before your wedding so that anything you may have saved went to that so now you're broke and 3. Are newly married and don't want to leave your spouse. Yeah....I spent a lot of days hanging out and eating lunch specials and making food at home. Not a very fabulous adventure!

So now we have been up in San Jose for the last 6 weeks, and my job search has continued in earnest....stay tuned.....

No comments: