Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I Feel Like an Oscar Winner


Yesterday, I had a conversation with an ex-colleague of mine that made me feel like Gwyneth Paltrow! No, we did not talk about how thin and gorgeous I was, we didn't talk about couture clothing, and we didn't talk about how I won an Oscar when I was going out with Ben Affleck.

Instead, my ex-colleague told me about some work related events that happened at the video game company that I worked at! Apparently, the guy who I hated and basically quit because of (see a few posts ago) is still a total douche lord and still hated by most of his team AND 5 different people went to HR to file complaints about him on ONE day! Now, I know this has absolutely NOTHING to do with me since I don't work there anymore, but I just felt so glad! Seriously, once in a while I have doubts about having quit this job without anything lined up but this made me think that if I was still there I'd be completely miserable and this totally reinforced my decision and made me feel so glad!

This is TOTALLY how Gwyneth Paltrow must have felt when Winona Ryder got caught shoplifting at Sak's! Remember back in the day when the two were best friends?? And then something happened and they weren't? Well, Gwyneth blogged about how happy she felt when Winona got caught shoplifting and how it felt "good to hear something bad about someone you don't like!" It's so true...who knew Gwyneth was so intuitive!?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand this Gwyneth Paltrow connection. I thought it was going to be deep Chris.

chrrrrrs said...

what do you mean you don't understand the GP connection!? it seems obvious! it's a human nature thing! you always wanna hear bad news/gossip about something you don't like and you feel satisfied in hearing it! hmm....maybe me and GP are the only ones who feel this and you are too pure!!?

JORSE said...

you should be Gwyneth's ghost blogger